Hell yeah, I’m a fan of Gamera! If you give me the choice between Godzilla and Gamera, I’ll always chose the Gyaos smashing turtle every time. :)
• Dumb action movie, not heavy on plot, as par for the course.
• If you did not like the first three movies, this will not change your mind. In fact, it’ll give you ammunition for at least a year.
• If you did like the first three movies, then this will make you happy, because they got rid of the stupid crap.
• There’s no real tasteless jokes this time around. No Bumblebee lubricating, or Devastator’s balls.
• All the Autobots, and I mean ALL of them have developed personalities. Not great personalities, but actual personalities, and you can tell them apart.
• Not the DInobots though. Sorry. They might as well be set decorations.
• Hound is kind of a badass.
• Despite it’s dark themes, it’s actually a lot more light hearted than the previous two movies. There’s little that I felt was inappropriate for children. (No tasteless panty shots or unintentional racism.)
• Though there is a moment in the climax that I think might make some people flip out. (Think Man of Steel’s neck breaking.)
• You can follow the action and tell people apart.
• Marky Mark is a much better and superior replacement for Shia the Beef.
• Hugo Weaving is out of a job, won’t be missed and was replaced by the person who should have done it the first time.
• Seriously, Hound is a badass.
So long story short, better than DotM and RotF, but not better than the first.
Seriously, there’s not much more to say about it. Considering that it’s probably growing more and more on me, and getting up there more and more on my favorite movie of all time list…
Yeah… I’m pretty damn excited about it! :D